Frequently asked questions
HOW MUCH DOES A TATTOO COST?
The cost of your tattoo depends on a number of factors including size, placement, skin type, and color vs. black and gray. For smaller tattoos, we will generally quote you a price range up-front. For larger tattoos, your artist will quote you an hourly rate.
I'm 17, Can I Get A Tattoo If My Parent Signs for Me?
No, Massachusetts state law requires that you be at least 18 years old to get a tattoo. Every person getting a tattoo MUST provide an I.D. no matter your age.
A valid photo ID is a driver’s license, passport, state-issued identification card. Photocopies of any ID or expired ID’s are not acceptable
How To Schedule An Appointment
First, we schedule a free consultation with the artist to discuss your tattoo idea. The artist will go into greater detail regarding their process, taking a tracing of the body part for size, give you an accurate price quote and details on their availability. We do not give price quotes over the phone. If you’d like to set up a consultation with a specific artist, please fill out the Booking Request form.
ARE TATTOOS SAFE?
We can’t speak for every tattoo studio, but here at Visions Tattoo, your health and safety is our highest priority. In addition to providing new needles for every client, we also adhere to strict procedures to avoid cross-contamination. You can expect to see disposable ink holders, disposable razors, and barriers on everything that must be touched during the tattoo process. We work closely with the Medway Health Dept. to ensure that our methods comply with the most current guidelines.
DO I Need A Deposit?
To guarantee an appointment spot, we do require a deposit for all artists. Our deposits are non-refundable and are deducted off of the price of the completed tattoo. The deposit amount will depend on the size and overall cost of your tattoo, as well as the time taken to complete it.
• The studio tattoo minimum is $100.
• Small tattoos (taking less than an hour to complete) will require a $100 deposit.
• Tattoos that take one session (done in one day) will require a $150 deposit.
• Tattoos that take more than one session (large tattoos, half sleeves, full sleeves, back pieces, etc.) will require a $300 -$500 deposit.
• Visions and our artists take pride in their work ethic and dedication designing the most creative and personal tattoo for each client. In most cases our artists’ spend many hours, even days and often on their personal time outside of work to create the best tattoo design. This drawing time is included in the price of the tattoo.
• Unfortunately, our artists don’t get paid for their hard work when clients miss their scheduled appointments, don’t return to approve their design, or don’t schedule their appointment allowing the deposit to expire. We would much rather do the tattoo than take a client’s deposit. We understand that emergencies happen and consideration will be made on a case by case basis.
• Consultations are free and there is never pressure to place a deposit after. However, drawings will not be started until a deposit is placed.
• An appointment will not be scheduled until a deposit is paid (cash, credit or debit). Checks are not accepted. The deposit will be credited towards your tattoo. If your tattoo requires several sittings, the deposit will go towards the final sitting. Tattoo deposits are non-refundable, non-transferable & have a one (1) year expiration from the date of the deposit.
• We do not schedule appointments or provide price quotes over the phone or via email so please visit the studio. We may accommodate those traveling from out of state. Please contact the studio at 508.533.1369 to make special arrangements.
• Deposits are non-refundable. Your deposit will still be deducted from your tattoo total if you are rescheduling your appointment and give at least 48 hours notice. Any other circumstances will result in the forfeiture of the deposit (last minute reschedule, cancellation, no show, etc.).
*** Please note, we do not accept tattoo cancellations via email, text or through any social media website. Please call the studio directly to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Thank you! ***
Why Should I Choose Visions Tattoo?
Our award-winning tattoo artists go to great lengths to ensure that every client receives the best possible tattoo. We will not only listen to your ideas, but we will counsel you on the optimum size, placement, and design. Our friendly artists are extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of tattoo design and application so you can trust that you are in good hands.